Friday, December 10, 2010

Remnant

I had to pull something down off of the top of the refrigerator today. I don’t know about you, but at my house, that is a Bermuda Triangle of sorts. Stuff gets stuck up there and disappears. While I was up there, I found a plastic grocery bag full of random pieces of Tupperware and Hudson’s take-and-toss dishes and sippy cups. I have no idea how this bag of stuff came to be or how it got on top of the refrigerator.  The rest of her sippy cups and dishes are still in our cabinet, just above our plates and bowls. In the bag I found this:


Still full of her little Annie’s Organic cheddar bunnies.

I’ll say it again. She was just here.

8 comments:

  1. Wow. I totally relate. I was cleaning some stuff out the other day and found a can of my son's formula. He died 17 months ago. When I saw the can, I was rendered speechless and it took me a moment to snap back to reality. Time passes but it still seems like yesterday. And somehow it feels like an eternity ago at the same time. Thinking of you, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Mandy, this makes me so sad for you. I wish you still had her there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She was just here, and she will always be here. One foot in front of the other...
    XOXOXO
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must have been hard, Mandy. I am so sorry :( I also wish you had her there with you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I imagine this was a stunning and difficult discovery for you... for me, it seems like just one more way she's saying "Hello, Mommy!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart aches.....
    Hello sweet Hudson...

    ReplyDelete
  7. She was just here. She is still here in our hearts and memories.

    - Susan W.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So hard.
    There is a country song by Tim McGraw, "Can't Be Really Gone." I thought of it when I walked into Caroline & David's house just after she passed. Somehow I was one of the first back to the house from the hospital, and we had to get things ready b/c a whole bunch of family and friends were coming over with food and stuff. Everything was just as she left it when she went to the hospital for the first time. I thought of this song again today when I read your post. This may not be a comforting song, but it sums up how I felt that day, and how I imagine you feel most days. "She was just here."

    Shell

    http://www.cmt.com/lyrics/tim-mcgraw/cant-be-really-gone/630652/lyrics.jhtml

    ReplyDelete