Sunday, December 23, 2012

Days of Thanks #32

Today I am grateful for gratitude.  It's been a rough holiday season, and there are days where I sit here for several minutes trying to figure out what I feel grateful for today.  There are a ridiculous number of things to be grateful for, but there are still days when it's hard to see any of them because all I can think about is the one thing I want that I can't have:  my daughter.  I have had more than the usual share of those days during this holiday season.  So I'm grateful for this daily practice of gratitude-- a conscious choice to sit and think about all the amazing good that remains in my life in spite of the horrifically bad thing that happened to me not even three years ago yet. 

I miss her.  So much.  But I am so grateful for her continuing to teach me every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment