If you are planning to join us at the National Arboretum at 3:30 tomorrow to remember Hudson and dedicate her bench, here are a few more details in case you need them:
- We will be in the Dogwood Collection (see this map-the Collection is in the far northeast corner of the Arboretum) and someone will be at the entrance to the Dogwood Collection to point you to where we are (her bench is tucked just a little bit out of the way). Parking is available at the Dogwood Collection and the nearby Asian and Conifer Collections, and on some (but not all) of the main roads in the Arboretum (please be respectful of the “No Parking” signs).
- Dress is very casual (and temperatures will be in the low to mid-70s).
- We will provide bubbles for blowing.
- We are planning only brief words for this remembrance, as we’d prefer more time for blowing bubbles, visiting, and just celebrating Hudson’s spirit there in the beauty of the Arboretum.
- Sadly, the weather forecast has turned a little bit iffy (previously they were calling for tomorrow to be beautiful, with rain coming in only in the late evening). It is supposed to be overcast all day, with possible showers moving in later in the afternoon. Unfortunately, there is no real shelter at the Arboretum. That said, we will only postpone if it is raining heavily. Hopefully, the rain will stay to our west and not make it all the way into town, but if there are only light showers, we’ll just head on out there with umbrellas.
- Finally, while there are certainly no signs that Jackson is coming anytime soon (and I have many reasons now for hoping that he waits until at least Saturday), obviously we’d have to cancel if that changes. If something happens that makes us believe we’ll actually be at the hospital tomorrow, I will definitely let you know, so you can check in here before you head out to the Arboretum.